Monday 17 February 2014

The Wolf of Debauchery

Yesterday I went to watch a movie with a friend at the cinemas, and we ended up walking out because of boredom and the excessive amount of debauchery. I have never seen so much nudity and sex scenes in any other R 18+ film. This movie has been nominated for an oscar for best picture, but why? Is sex, drugs and money the things which people love? Is that the kind of life people aspire to have? I'm not into it, I stay away from drugs and I drink occasionally and I consider myself slightly poor, only because I'm currently unemployed. Im guessing by several of the reviews I've read that I wasn't the only one shocked. One review stated
As much as I enjoyed it, I felt like I needed a shower afterwards
And another said
If there were ever to be a celebration of immorality, outrageousness and complete obscenity, then The Wolf of Wall Street is the party for you.

2 comments:

  1. Call me immoral all day, but I liked it! Different strokes I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean, but it was a bit much for me lol

      Delete